Clean Power Hydrogen Group Ltd is a vibrant alternative energy technology company based in Doncaster. Our technology platforms have caught the attention of many organisations both here in the UK and overseas.
As a result, we are looking to expand our team with a Lab Technician. This role is a fantastic opportunity to work in an electrolysis laboratory and engineering environment to gain a year’s experience in planning, performing, and recording experiments and analysing and presenting results. This role also gives you the chance to be part of a business who promotes development and recognises talent!
Clean Power Hydrogen Group Ltd (CPH2) is a leading developer of Membrane-Free Electrolysers™ designed to produce green hydrogen and pure oxygen in a simple, safe, sustainable manner and at any scale. Dr. Nigel Williamson and Joe Scott established CPH2 (Ireland) in December 2012 with the ambition to help clean up the environment for our children and future generations. Entering the green technology sector, a high growth, and profitable market, they developed a Membrane-Free Electrolyser™ to produce hydrogen faster, more reliably, and more cost-effectively than PEM technology, which has barriers to adoption, including cost, reliability, and scalability.
About the job:
As a Lab Technician your responsibilities will include:
- > Plan and perform laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations
- > Receiving test requests, logging, and setting up experiments
- > Carry out routine tasks accurately and follow strict methodologies to carry out experiments
- > Adapt and manage testing schedules to keep up to date with technical developments
- > Record and analyse data and use software to interpret results
- > Write reports and present test data
- > Research new ideas for development and contribute ideas to adhere to departmental targets
- > Prepare solutions and samples adhering to COSHH regulations and correctly dispose of waste
- > Follow and ensure strict health and safety procedures and risk assessments
- > Maintain stock of laboratory consumables
- > Keep equipment in a clean and serviceable condition
- > Good housekeeping of the working area
Essential role requirements include:
- > Working towards a chemistry or science-related degree (engineering discipline also accepted)
- > Working to Good Laboratory Practice – demonstrate strong analytical skills and record keeping
- > Having knowledge of health and safety, risk assessments and SOP’s
- > Be responsible for personal safety and the safety of others
- > Demonstrate strong IT skills, including Microsoft Excel
- > Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be a good team player in addition to working independently
- > A proactive and cooperative approach having interest to learn other sections of the business and involvement in sharing knowledge
- > An adaptable attitude and flexibility to work towards departmental targets and business plans
- > Identifying gaps in knowledge, procedures and be confident to ask for assistance
Start date is September 2022 and this position will terminate in the following June/July. This role is a temporary placement.
£17,000 pro rata.
How to apply:
Please send your covering letter and your CV to email@example.com stating ‘Lab Technician (Placement) Vacancy’ in the subject line. In your cover letter, please specify why you are interested to work at CPH2 and how the placement will help you in your studies and help you in your career development.
UK residents only. Strictly no agencies.