Clean Power Hydrogen Group Ltd is a vibrant alternative energy technology company based in Doncaster. Our technology platforms have caught the attention of many organisations both here in the UK and overseas.
As a result, we are looking to expand our team with a Senior Process Engineer. This role is a fantastic opportunity to work in a process engineering team in the hydrogen production sector. This role also gives you the chance to be part of a business who promotes development and recognises talent and is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing business.
Clean Power Hydrogen Group Ltd (CPH2) is a leading developer of Membrane-Free Electrolysers™ designed to produce green hydrogen and pure oxygen in a simple, safe, sustainable manner and at any scale. Dr. Nigel Williamson and Joe Scott established CPH2 (Ireland) in December 2012 with the ambition to help clean up the environment for our children and future generations. Entering the green technology sector, a high growth, and profitable market, they developed a Membrane-Free Electrolyser™ to produce hydrogen faster, more reliably, and more cost-effectively than PEM technology, which has barriers to adoption, including cost, reliability, and scalability.
About the job:
As a Senior Process Engineer, you will report to the Lead Process Engineer. The role will involve production of a wide range of process engineering deliverables and play a key role in the design of future electrolyser builds. Outside of their project role, there will be a requirement to contribute to the Company’s continual improvement through the development of Process Engineering standards, templates, and processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- > Process design and engineering including design calculations, process optimisation, sizing and selection of equipment.
- > Preparation of various engineering deliverables such as Process Flow Diagrams, Heat & Mass Balance, P&ID’s, Process Datasheets, equipment specifications, cause and effect diagrams, control philosophies, hazard studies, assessments (HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, PHA, etc.)
- > Support of process safety activities under the guidance of the Safety Engineer.
- > Coordination of engineering activities with other disciplines and departments.
- > Review of vendor’s documents, drawings, datasheets, specifications, and calculations.
- > Ensuring work is executed in accordance with company and project HSEQ systems on time and within budget.
- > A willingness to always look for personal, company, and system improvements and present these to their line manager for consideration by the company.
- > Participation in initiatives outside of day-to-day project activities to improve the effectiveness of the Process Department.
- > Keeping up to date with technical developments, National/International standards, and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
Key skills and experience required:
- > Degree in Chemical Engineering, preferably 2:1 and above.
- > The candidate should be working towards attaining Chartered Chemical Engineer status if they have not already achieved this.
- > 5 years’ experience in Oil & Gas, chemical processes, sustainable fuels design or a similar role within an operating company, engineering consultancy, or contracting business, preferably across all stages of a project (Concept/Feasibility, FEED, and Detailed Design).
- > Knowledge and experience in hydrogen electrolyser technology is beneficial but not essential.
- > Knowledge of process design calculations and equipment selection.
- > High proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word.
- > An extremely self-driven individual that can work effectively with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- > Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively to deliver optimal solutions.
- > Effective written and oral communication style to pass and receive information, receive instructions, and report on progress.
- > Exceptional inter-personnel skills with a proven track record of working within varied teams and engineers of all abilities.
- > A client-focused individual able to motivate and organise themselves in relation to others to meet project deadlines.
- > Ability to manage own time and project interfaces.
- > Ability to set own goals and contribute to business development ideas.
Start date is as soon as possible
Salary will be negotiated depending on qualifications, experience, and skills. Your covering letter should include your salary expectation.
How to apply:
Please send your covering letter including salary expectation and your CV to email@example.com stating ‘Senior Process Engineer Vacancy’ in the subject line.
UK residents only. Strictly no agencies.
The full job description and further details are available to download below.