Clean Power Hydrogen plc is a vibrant alternative green energy technology company based in Doncaster and is listed on London’s AIM market. Our technology platforms have caught the attention of many organisations both here in the UK and overseas.
As a result, we are looking to expand our Engineering team with a Senior Process Engineer. This role is a fantastic opportunity to work in an engineering environment in the hydrogen production sector. This role also gives you the chance to be part of a business that promotes development, recognises talent and is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing business.
Clean Power Hydrogen plc (CPH2) is a leading developer of Membrane-Free Electrolysers™ designed to produce green hydrogen and pure oxygen in a simple, safe, sustainable manner and at any scale. Dr. Nigel Williamson and Joe Scott established CPH2 (Ireland) in December 2012 with the ambition to help clean up the environment for our children and future generations. Entering the green technology sector, a high growth, and profitable market, they developed a Membrane-Free Electrolyser™ to produce hydrogen faster, more reliably, and more cost-effectively than PEM technology, which has barriers to adoption, including cost, reliability, and scalability.
About the role:
As Senior Process Engineer you need:
- > A degree in Chemical Engineering, preferably 2:1 and above.
- > Chartered Engineer status or actively working towards it.
- > Process safety engineering experience (hydrogen/gas safety, safety case, explosive atmospheres, HAZOP, LOPA, PESR, PSSR, SPVSR).
- > 5+ years’ experience in oil & gas, chemical processes, sustainable fuels design or similar role in an operating company, engineering consultancy or contracting business, preferably across all stages of a project (concept, FEED, and detailed design).
- > Significant knowledge of process design calculations and equipment selection.
- > A proven track record of working within varied teams and engineers of all abilities and other disciplines.
Key skills and experience required:
- > Process design and engineering including design calculations, process optimisation, sizing, and selection of equipment.
- > Creation, review and approval of process engineering deliverables and vendor documents such as process flow diagrams, heat and mass balance, P&ID, process data sheets, equipment specifications, cause and effect diagrams, control philosophies, hazard studies etc.
- > Significant knowledge of HAZOP.
- > Knowledge of LOPA.
- > Creation of safety cases.
- > Contribute to the development of process engineering standards, templates, and processes.
- > Coordination of engineering activities with other disciplines and departments.
- > Ensuring work is executed in accordance with company and project HSEQ systems on time and within budget.
- > A willingness to always look for personal, company, and system improvements and present these to their line manager for consideration by the company.
- > Participation in initiatives outside of day-to-day project activities to improve the effectiveness of the process engineering team.
- > Keeping up to date with technical developments, codes, standards, and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- > High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- > A self-driven individual that can work effectively with minimal supervision and part of a team.
- > Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively to deliver optimal solutions.
- > Effective written and oral communication style to pass and receive information, receive instructions,
and report on progress.
- > client focused individual able to motivate and organise themselves in relation to others to meet project deadlines.
- > Ability to manage own time and contribute to business development ideas.
- > HAZOP leadership/chair/facilitator.
- > LOPA methodology and leadership.
- > Knowledge and experience in hydrogen electrolyser technology.
As soon as possible.
Salary range is £50 - £55k and will be negotiated depending on qualifications, experience, and skills. Your covering letter should include your salary expectation.
What we offer:
- > 24 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
- > Birthday holiday (if birthday Mon-Fri)
- > Contributory pension upon completion of probation period
- > Free on-site parking with electric charging points
- > Cycle to work scheme.
- > Save as you earn share scheme.
- > Hybrid role working one day a week from home.
How to apply:
Please send your covering letter including salary expectation and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘Senior Process Engineer’ in the subject line.
Applicants must have the full right to work in the UK (no student permits).
Strictly no agencies.
Closing date: 7 April 2023